Anyway I didn't go to check out women's feet (I can do that at home) but to visit The One Show. It's an insanely cool bike event. In many ways very different from most. Somewhat similar in style to The Brooklyn Invitational which is indoors where motorcycles are displayed like sculptures. Bikes like this should be treated as works of art.
The event had different styles of bikes many of which were leaning towards cafe racers and choppers.
There was also a display of helmets by some names you may recognize. If not you should get acquainted.
It always saddens me when I see someone on a cool scoot and their helmet is a bit...hmmm boring. You can always go to a pro and get something that the whole world would appreciate from someone like Paolo of Joe King ( http://www.joeking.com.br/ ) of Brazil. I've hung out with him a few times, a super cool nice guy who's English is perfect I might add.
Okay back to more motorcycles.
That last one is from Lossa Engineering. I feel that one fits in with the local vibe; they're so outdoorsy over there.
Of course the show can also be taken to the street. Even though a bit chilly out alotta riders took their machines. I should add Portland is a very motorcycle friendly town. Me and my buddy John DiBlosi actually witnessed a car stop and allow a bike to cross over into his lane to make a full left turn. Our jaws dropped. We never saw that happen in NYC. It probably was the equivalent of seeing the Loch Ness monster being sighted in the East River. So to my fellow New Yorkers it did happen.
As some of you may have noticed the XS650 is well revered in that part of the country. It's also not surprising for one rider to own a couple.
Of course all this moto watching can run up an appetite so when in Rome go where the locals go. Where's that you say?
I know check out that line. What can be worth the wait? Or do Portlanders just like waiting in line like Cold War era commies?
And this is why, just a sample mind you.
Yeah that one had bacon!
So now you need coffee to go with that bad boy. This town takes coffee very serious, which is actually a big understatement. With so many incredible places to go I say stick with the theme of motorcycles and check out one of the coolest places anywhere hands down. I met the owner Thor at The Brooklyn Invitational and he's a serious bike nut. To say he knows what he's doing is a serious understatement.
Besides coffee they sell cool moto related gear in a very friendly, laid back setting. Trust me you can spend some quality time here. That's Rachael ( http://heavyleathernyc.com/ ) also from NY also here for the One Show.
It's a weird town Portland. I was driving around when we encountered this.
Yup that's right. Chickens trying to cross the road...to get to the other side, duh.
For some honorable mention I would also recommend that you check out Filson while there. I've been a fan and feel this is one of the best garments ever made for men; the Tin Cruiser.
Also absolutely worthy of mention is Langlitz Leather (http://www.langlitz.com/ ) . Some serious quality. If you wanna ride in some classic style this is it.







































No comments:
Post a Comment